Pages

Bodybuilding siblings: Meet the brother and sister who can lift 47st between them.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

ADS
They have a combined age of just 32, but between them this brother and sister duo can lift 47 stone - the equivalent weight of an average tiger.
Bronwyn and Cosmo Taylor, 18 and 14, have been weightlifting since 2012 at a gym in their home town of Inverness in Scotland.
After years of training with their father, Andrew, they can now lift an amazing 47st (300kgs) between them.
The two are barely away from the gym, and travel up and down the country at weekends to compete in powerlifting competitions.
Bronwyn and Cosmo Taylor can lift about 47st (300kg) between them
Bronwyn and Cosmo Taylor can lift about 47st (300kg) between them

The siblings only started weightlifting in 2012 but they have both won awards and broken records
The siblings only started weightlifting in 2012 but they have both won awards and broken records

They lift weights at the gym with their father, Andrew, and their mother says they have a 'friendly rivalry'
They lift weights at the gym with their father, Andrew, and their mother says they have a 'friendly rivalry'

Both hold records for their deadlifts and bench presses.
Bronwyn, who helps her dad at their removal company, said: ‘I have done many other sports in the past but I love powerlifting.
‘I love being stronger than the boys and being able to push myself to the limit.
‘Boys are always commenting - I get tired of having to refuse to have arm wrestling competitions with them just for them to try and prove they are stronger than me.

‘In September 2011 I entered my first competition and after that I was hooked.
'I’ve met a lot of like-minded people and it’s helped me see more of the world.’
Despite still being teenagers, the siblings already have a string of prizes and records under their belts.
The two have a ‘friendly rivalry’ according to their mother, Florence.
Cosmo said: ‘I always try and lift more than Bronwyn - I guess it’s a brother and sister thing.
'She is a little older than me and has been training longer but one day I will.


Bronwyn says her friends were surprised when she took up weightlifting but that she loves it
Bronwyn says her friends were surprised when she took up weightlifting but that she loves it

Cosmo's aim is soon to be able to lift as much as his older sister and he is training hard to achieve it
Cosmo's aim is soon to be able to lift as much as his older sister and he is training hard to achieve it

In total Bronwyn and Cosmo can lift 300kgs - the equivalent weight of the average adult tiger
In total Bronwyn and Cosmo can lift 300kgs - the equivalent weight of the average adult tiger
'Being in a strength sports has allowed me to meet many interesting people and it’s a great opportunity to travel.
‘I went to most of Bronwyn’s competitions in the UK and have also travelled abroad with her.
‘My dad has always been in a gym and since I was young, I’ve always heard him say how good he feels after a workout - I feel the same.’
Bronwyn, who is 5ft 10ins and weighs 10st 5lbs (67kg), stunned friends, family and strangers by lifting twice her body weight just 12 months after starting the sport at the Commonwealth Powerlifting Federation Championships.
She said: ‘I was very into boxing and karate, which inspired me to take up powerlifting and I quickly found out I was a natural.
‘My friends at school thought it was a little strange at first - they thought I would end up looking like the Incredible Hulk - but now they are very encouraging and some have even started lifting themselves.
‘Most people don’t believe what I can lift because I am tall and slender, especially boys. Since most of them don’t go to the gym, I have to tell them to look at some of my postings on YouTube if they don’t believe me.
Bronwyn said: 'I love being stronger than the boys and being able to push myself to the limit'
Bronwyn said: 'I love being stronger than the boys and being able to push myself to the limit'

Cosmo said: 'I always try and lift more than Bronwyn - I guess it's a brother and sister thing. She is a little older than me and has been training longer but one day I will'
Cosmo said: 'I always try and lift more than Bronwyn - I guess it's a brother and sister thing. She is a little older than me and has been training longer but one day I will'

‘When I arrive at a competition, people never believe that I am there as a lifter. I always wear tan, full make up, long nails and glam hair.
‘I like to wear bright outfits and socks as well. This is just me - I like to lift heavy and look my best.’
Bronwyn is also hoping to compete at the 2016 Olympics in the weightlifting competition.
Her mother said: ‘I’ve lost track of the number of prizes and records Bronwyn has under her belt - I’ve never really counted them.
‘Cosmo’s has done just two competitions so far, but he has already broken records.
‘In the future they intend to use their strength from lifting to cross over into other sports. Having such a strong background should make the transition easier.
‘We only receive positive comments about the kids’ powerlifting. They are both so dedicated - they make it look easy.’
ADS

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Most Reading